Blue Badge Information
Blue parking badges allow cars carrying people who are registered blind or who have severe walking difficulties to park near shops, stations and other facilities.
A range of people are eligible for Blue Badges including :
- People who are registered blind
- People who receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
- People who use a motor vehicle supplied for disabled people by a government health department
- People who receive a government grant towards their vehicles
- People who a War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement
- People who have a permanent and substantial disability that makes walking impossible or very difficult
- People who have a severe disability in both upper limbs, regularly drive a motor vehicle but cannot turn the steering wheel of a motor vehicle by hand even if that wheel is fitted with a turning knob
- Disabled children under 16 years
Blue Badges can also be issued to an organisation which transports disabled people. Blue badges are free.
People can apply online for a Blue Badge or by contacting the Customer Service Centre on 0845 053 0049.
Taken from the www.lancashire.gov.uk website